Among the level cap increase and various other changes coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013 is a new playthrough -- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode -- built for challenging high-level play.
Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode differs quite a bit from Normal Mode and True Vault Hunter Mode -- here's a quick rundown of the major changes:
Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
- Gameplay changes in UVHM:
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.
Check back Monday for details on the various bug fixes in Tuesday's update, and don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May. After that, expect the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) by the end of June!
Other Borderlands 2 News
- Don't See Your Job Here?
- Technical Artist
- Animation Programmer
- Audio Programmer
- UI Programmer
- Online Programmer
- Software Development Engineer/Test
- Release Engineer
- Security Engineer
- Security Engineering Lead
- Senior Server Programmers
- Gameplay Programmer
- Visual Effects Artist
- Art Intern
- World Builder/Environment Artists
- Customer Support Producer
- Art Producer
- Content Artist
- White Box Programmer
- Server Programmer
- Junior Tools Programmer
- Visual Effects Animator / Artist
- Release Engineering Lead