About Borderlands 2
The last legendary drop rate hot fix has been removed -- thanks to everyone who has participated and shared feedback over the past five weeks! We hope you enjoyed the extra loot.
As for next steps, our research team will begin to analyze all of the data that we received and work on a plan for next steps. We'll follow up once the analysis has concluded!
If it seems like the loot gods have smiled upon you recently, Vault Hunter, it's because they have! Well, sort of. The team has been doing some tinkering with legendary drop rates recently, and will continue to do so through May 13!
Over the next few weeks (based on the schedule below) we'll be testing out a different percentage increase to the drop rate of legendaries across the board in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita (BL2 Only), Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
We can't say exactly how much the drop rate has increased week to week, but can assure you that the adjustments will never sink below the default rate!
Adjustments will be made through hot fixes that will be set live on Thursdays on the following schedule:
Week One: April 9 through April 15 Week Two: April 16 through April 22 Week Three: April 23 through April 29 Week Four: April 30 through May 6 Week Five: May 7 through May 13
We're looking for your feedback each week, so please share thoughts and experience with us through the weekly surveys below. These surveys will be open on Monday through Wednesday each week.
Week One Survey Closed Week Two Survey Closed Week Three Survey Closed Week Four Survey Closed Week Five Survey Closed
We are happy to announce the winning t-shirt designs for the WeLoveFine Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Design Contest!
Back in January, we launched a design contest in conjunction with WeLoveFine to celebrate the announcement of the Borderlands: The Handsome Collection. Artists were encouraged to create designs based on their favorite characters and elements of Borderlands, Borderlands 2, and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. It was a big success with almost 200 designs submitted to the contest!
The winning artist, Timothy Lim, is being awarded with a trip to Gearbox and some awesome swag for his winning design, “Deathtrap Arigato.”
Tim’s design, along with the other six winners, are all available for purchase now at WeLoveFine.com. Check out their art along with all of the other amazing designs submitted by the awesome community!
A full-scale replica of Miss Moxxi's Good Touch is now available for pre-order on the Gearbox store!
The replica is created by TriForce and limited to 500 pieces worldwide. It weighs 20 pounds and is 29 inches long, is crafted in polystone and includes working LED effects.
It will cost $700 overall -- the pre-order requires a $175 deposit, and an additional $525 plus shipping and handling will be required when the replica becomes available to ship in late Q2 of 2015.
Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Come To Next-Gen in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection01.20.15 - Gearbox Staff
Since we announced Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, one of the questions we’ve gotten the most often from our fans is “when is it coming to next-gen?” Well, get your Xbox Ones and PlayStation 4s ready – not only is Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel coming, but so is Borderlands 2! Both titles are making their way over to next-gen consoles in one package as Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on March 24, 2015 in North America and March 27, 2015 internationally!
We’re excited to offer fans The Handsome Collection as it bundles the complete story of the franchise’s most iconic villain, Handsome Jack, and all in stunning high definition, with high performance and graphical fidelity never before seen on consoles! On top of that, for the first time ever in a Borderlands game, The Handsome Collection offers four-player local split screen meaning four friends can shoot-n-loot together on a single television.
Already started Borderlands 2 and/or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita or Xbox 360? Good news: using cross-save functionality, you’ll be able to continue where you left off by transferring your prior-gen save including your leveled up characters and Badass Rank to your next-gen console! (Note that cross-save will only work within the same console family – e.g., Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3/Vita to PlayStation 4).
Not only are you getting both games for the price of one ($59.99), but The Handsome Collection also includes a boatload of add-on content as well. You’ll be getting all of the downloadable content for both titles* which is a whole lot. Feast your eyes on the list of packs included:
- Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty (campaign add-on)
- Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
- Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
- The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
- Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
- Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
- Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
- T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
- The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
- How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
- Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
- Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
- Character Customization Packs
- Collector's Edition Pack
- Commando Madness Pack
- Commando Supremacy Pack
- Commando Domination Pack
- Siren Madness Pack
- Siren Supremacy Pack
- Siren Domination Pack
- Gunzerker Madness Pack
- Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
- Gunzerker Domination Pack
- Mechromancer Madness Pack
- Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
- Mechromancer Domination Pack
- Assassin Madness Pack
- Assassin Supremacy Pack
- Assassin Domination Pack
- Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
- Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
- Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
- Psycho Madness Pack
- Psycho Supremacy Pack
- Psycho Domination Pack
- Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
- Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
- Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
- Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
- Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
- Psycho Party Pack
- Siren Learned Warrior Pack
- Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
- Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
- Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
- Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
- Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)
The Handsome Collection will also receive an extremely limited collector’s edition, the Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition. Limited to only 5,000 units worldwide, the Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition includes a remote-controlled Claptrap steward robot that looks just like the in-game character! He is designed and detailed to look just like the Claptrap you know and love - or maybe hate - and now you have the power to control him from your iOS and/or Android device with a companion app called ClaptrApp. The remote controlled Claptrap also includes the following features:
- Gyro technology to balance on one wheel allowing it to move wherever you want him to!
- Voice samples of some of Claptrap’s most iconic lines that can be activated on command!
- A real working camera in his “eye” that is streamed to your mobile phone, so you can see where Claptrap is headed!
The Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition also includes 12 exclusive Vault Hunter lithographs as well as a collectible steel case and will be available for $399 at selected retailers. Act fast, because these things won’t last long! The Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition will be available at participating retailers in North America as well as internationally.
You may have noticed that for The Pre-Sequel, we reference two upcoming add-ons above that haven’t been announced just yet. We’ll have more details on those very soon, so stay tuned!
*Includes all available downloadable content for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel as of March 24, 2015. Xbox Live or PlayStation Network account as well as Internet connection is required to download certain add-on content at no additional cost.
More Borderlands 2 news
Released: September 18, 2012
Developer: Gearbox Software, Iron Galaxy (Vita)
Publisher: 2K Games, Sony Computer Entertainment (Vita)
Genre: First Person Role Playing Shooter
Available On: PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PS Vita