About Borderlands 2
Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Come To Next-Gen in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection01.20.15 - Gearbox Staff
Since we announced Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, one of the questions we’ve gotten the most often from our fans is “when is it coming to next-gen?” Well, get your Xbox Ones and PlayStation 4s ready – not only is Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel coming, but so is Borderlands 2! Both titles are making their way over to next-gen consoles in one package as Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on March 24, 2015 in North America and March 27, 2015 internationally!
We’re excited to offer fans The Handsome Collection as it bundles the complete story of the franchise’s most iconic villain, Handsome Jack, and all in stunning high definition, with high performance and graphical fidelity never before seen on consoles! On top of that, for the first time ever in a Borderlands game, The Handsome Collection offers four-player local split screen meaning four friends can shoot-n-loot together on a single television.
Already started Borderlands 2 and/or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel on PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita or Xbox 360? Good news: using cross-save functionality, you’ll be able to continue where you left off by transferring your prior-gen save including your leveled up characters and Badass Rank to your next-gen console! (Note that cross-save will only work within the same console family – e.g., Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3/Vita to PlayStation 4).
Not only are you getting both games for the price of one ($59.99), but The Handsome Collection also includes a boatload of add-on content as well. You’ll be getting all of the downloadable content for both titles* which is a whole lot. Feast your eyes on the list of packs included:
- Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty (campaign add-on)
- Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
- Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
- The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
- Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
- Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
- Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
- T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
- The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
- How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
- Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
- Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
- Character Customization Packs
- Collector's Edition Pack
- Commando Madness Pack
- Commando Supremacy Pack
- Commando Domination Pack
- Siren Madness Pack
- Siren Supremacy Pack
- Siren Domination Pack
- Gunzerker Madness Pack
- Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
- Gunzerker Domination Pack
- Mechromancer Madness Pack
- Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
- Mechromancer Domination Pack
- Assassin Madness Pack
- Assassin Supremacy Pack
- Assassin Domination Pack
- Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
- Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
- Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
- Psycho Madness Pack
- Psycho Supremacy Pack
- Psycho Domination Pack
- Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
- Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
- Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
- Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
- Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
- Psycho Party Pack
- Siren Learned Warrior Pack
- Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
- Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
- Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
- Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
- Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)
The Handsome Collection will also receive an extremely limited collector’s edition, the Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition. Limited to only 5,000 units worldwide, the Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition includes a remote-controlled Claptrap steward robot that looks just like the in-game character! He is designed and detailed to look just like the Claptrap you know and love - or maybe hate - and now you have the power to control him from your iOS and/or Android device with a companion app called ClaptrApp. The remote controlled Claptrap also includes the following features:
- Gyro technology to balance on one wheel allowing it to move wherever you want him to!
- Voice samples of some of Claptrap’s most iconic lines that can be activated on command!
- A real working camera in his “eye” that is streamed to your mobile phone, so you can see where Claptrap is headed!
The Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition also includes 12 exclusive Vault Hunter lithographs as well as a collectible steel case and will be available for $399 at selected retailers. Act fast, because these things won’t last long! The Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition will be available at participating retailers in North America as well as internationally.
You may have noticed that for The Pre-Sequel, we reference two upcoming add-ons above that haven’t been announced just yet. We’ll have more details on those very soon, so stay tuned!
*Includes all available downloadable content for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel as of March 24, 2015. Xbox Live or PlayStation Network account as well as Internet connection is required to download certain add-on content at no additional cost.
Last month, we posted an open survey to find out the community's favorite Borderlands characters. The surveys have been tallied, and the results are in! Your top three Borderlands characters (in no particular order) are...
Did your favorite character make the list? Share your thoughts over on the Official Gearbox Forums!
There's no lack of vivid characters in the Borderlands games, from an annoying (but sometimes lovable) robot to a megalomaniac corporate CEO. Whether it's a deluxe character statue, a cosplay reference guide, or a limited-edition art print, we're always looking to find new ways to bring our characters to life outside of their games.
That's where you come in! Now that we've launched Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, it's time to find out the community's new favorite characters. Let us know who you think we should focus our future efforts on in this Borderlands Character Survey!
Pre-orders are now open for the first in a new, exclusive line of deluxe-format Borderlands statues: Zer0!
Standing atop a destroyed loader bot, Zer0 stands over a foot tall and can be set in multiple poses through sets of interchangable arms that both include a battery operated light-up electro luminescent sword.
Pre-orders will be available in a limited window. Guarantee yours today by putting down a deposit in the Official Gearbox Store before December 1, 2014!
More Borderlands 2 news
Released: September 18, 2012
Developer: Gearbox Software, Iron Galaxy (Vita)
Publisher: 2K Games, Sony Computer Entertainment (Vita)
Genre: First Person Role Playing Shooter
Available On: PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PS Vita